My new 55 fiction here : http://fifty5fiction.blogspot.com/2009/05/appraisal-feedback.html
One fine day I had the urge to do the laundry and so I set up the washing machine. But the washing machine didn’t start. Raised the complaint with Samsung and some engineer came to my apartment on a Sunday, a day before I was to join Infosys. The engineer’s conclusion for the power outage in the washing machine was shocking for me.
He said there is a RAT inside the washing machine and he had cut the power cables. And then I recollected why one of my favorite codra jeans was torn at the knees part. RAT had torn it. It was a 1000 volt shock for me. Phew. I felt yuck. I went to a massive cleaning drive. I opened the double bed I had and the doors of the bed. To my horrors, I found shits of RAT in the wooden plank and lot many bed sheets, a bag, pillow, pillow covers and a jacket torn apart. I was disgusted, what if the RAT slept near me in the night when I was asleep. Yuckkkkkkkkk.
5-6 shirts including a few which she had gifted me, 2-3 jeans and trousers followed by a bag. All dumped. Thereafter, the engineer said he would come down a weekend with the spares and replace the cabling. RAT wasn’t out. I believed the RAT who must have enjoyed a safe haven in the machine would turn white whenever it would come in open. I felt terrible entire week.
Saturday the engineer came and I took the washing machine in the corridor. Locked all the doors of bedroom, kitchen, main entrance. The engineer opened up the machine and I had the watchman ready to lift the RAT and dump it if it was dead inside. After hitting the machine, the yeeky creature didn’t come out. And when at the basement of the machine, the engineer pulled ut the rat mat and yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeky huge RAT jumped out of the machine and finding no way to go out it jumped to the LIFT. It was huge black RAT, It hadn’t gone white as I thought.
I was peeved to see it and almost threw it up. Every evening I came from office, I used to see below bed and in washing machine, ensure that there is no RAT. Watch closely on the floor for its shits. I was just mad. And since then its a zero tolerance policy for any crawly animals in my vicinity. Eeeeeeeeeeeew.
19 comments:
I hate rats and any creepy crawly animals too... :| No rats in this house but with summer, loads of lizzies and baby lizzies.... lizzies shud use some birth control stuff too...saare ghar mein bhare hue hain....!!! :|
hahahha rats....also na..kahaan kahaan hote hei :P
but i muss say baby rats r so so cho cute ;)
a rat story...a nice change actually.n i hate rats...
ewwwwwwwwww i HATE rats too..
Ratsss yuks...i remember even one rat in house and there was this expedition around....and i closed up in my room till it was killed or caught.....
and the first comment made me remmember lizards i hate them to core :| y r they even born :|
must say u have more courage then me :P
I hate cockroach,lizard and makdi. specially cockroach and lizard
sey tou behot darr legta hai.per rats
choty waley badey cute legtey hain.
eeeeew sneha, chote rats cute :O. wo bade hoke hi to itna havoc create karte hai.
lizzies ko no tolerance. if spotted, bang bang bang and thrown out.
i hate crawlies....
same pinch kajal
yo anwesa, flavor needed a change. so the post :)
are geekie, u cud hv thrown the same book on the rat itself. if not then do it now.
nabila :)
lizzies ko either i kill or get it blown thru vaccum cleaner. and luckily post this experience i didnt run into RATS. touch wood.
worst of all creatures...
oye PJ, chote rats are cute. bills hoke tu yeh kah rahi hai :P
hey smrity, pest control. flush them out. crudest way is to hit them thru a jhadu. it never fails.
25 ka count he abhi tak. would go more :)
i understand hw u feel...i wud hav freaked out too!!too bad tht u realised it after so much of damage. :( But good tht its gone now.
these sometimes scare the hell out of me...
while I am studyin late night and noises coming from inside the almirah and radk kitchn as if someone is moving....
i hate rats !!
hey ria, that was 19 months ago. since then its 0 tolerance towards them :)
same pinch prats
haha arun :) same thing once more.
Post a Comment