Thursday, May 28, 2009

Office bakar

Getting a project in this recession days is a big news. So much so that people ask for a party from the lucky dude who gets a project. Today my one of earlier managers congratulated my friend over a project which he got after few months. That also means I get a party!!

I have been on bench for 2 months now. Nah nah. Month n half. Yeah. I got rare chance to pick 2 projects in last few days. If I had my way I cud have refused both. But thats in good days. In bad days, you gotta be careful. So i wont be refusing this one. Its for a European bank. Other was one for a auto client and it involved production support, meaning night shifts, day shifts, noon shifts every week. Body di vaat and life gone for a full maat.

So I refused the production support project citing that i have confirmed in the bank wala project as it came first. Reality is i havent nodded to any of the project, but I pitched one against other and got rid of it. Escalations ? Who the fuck bothers? Seen enough of that in last 4 months. Didnt I ?

"Rashmi"

Sameer is breathing. Please note.

I have been asking him not to breathe, eat or sleep, just work. He just doesnt listen.

Please take a note of this.

Thanks,

KB

This kinda mails (exxagerated nahi) were common from oldie manager to super oldie manager. Escalations. One stage came, i said what the fuck. Jo ukhadna he ukhad lo.

I have been attending lot of trainings this month. Have a look :

XML, XSLT (2 days each)
Speak Up
Articulation Skills
Dealing with difficult people
And today First Step project management

Haha. Putting OOO is fun. (For uninitiated OOO is out of office). Put some jargons and people think he is an in thing. Put simple words, they think he is an old fashioned out of place guy.

Jargons as in AWOT(Away on training), AWOL (Away on Leave)and many more.

Tomorrow I shall nod for the project. Scary. But I m being positive. Havent being getting negative vibes. So good instincts. So kuch bura nahi hoga. Hoga to nipat lenge. Law of Averages wid u mate. 3 bure project the, to 4th wala sabse assa hoga. Assa, ass nahi. Assa yane good.

Haule Haule like Suri. To ji thand rakho aur patience rakho.


Te ek aur baat. Kabhi sirf jai Maharashtra mat bolna, bolna to saath me Jai Hind bhi bolna.

Yenjaai this saang from the paaasht ;

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice one !! u really have patience to survive those sessions ?? i havnt done any in past 15 mnths !!! but guess u need to show smthing in these times !! good luck fr the project :)

The Geekie said...

arey yaar....ppl r nt geeting ny chance to attend project interviews...recession time...and u ignoring those 2 projects :O

arey kahin pe b lag jao...get some xperience....

chalo all d best for next ones

we dont mind if u dnt join ny project.....bcoz if u get busy..den we might miss ur blog updates :P :P

Unknown said...

Congrats, and at the same time I can empathize with your enduring things, as I have been pretty much on the same lines.

Simple things, presented in a cohesive and beautiful way!

Raj
http://bharatmelange.blogspot.com

Priya Joyce said...

aisa kya??

oh...waise ek gal karu
kahin suna tha
:P

beggars(not in the real sense :P) r not choosers :P

juss kiddin lol

waise...sahi hi toh hei ;)

Anonymous said...

PJ, nobody is begging for a project here. i got two calls and i pitted one against each other and got rid of one. times are such that i wont get rid of the 2nd one. but then its just a matter of 7 months.

Anonymous said...

hey pratsie, agreed. i cant survive techie and quality sessions.i luv soft skills sessions.

the xml and xslt, i skipped after putting in attendance mark. and going to skip proj management too. not my forte.

at least i hv attendance for all of them in the system :)

Anonymous said...

geekie, i got 5+ yrs of experience :)

thanks. if u read my old posts, u see that i had cribbed way too long for my old project n got away with it...

e1 if i get bz, i dont give up blogging, so u wont miss out on the blog updates :P

Anonymous said...

welcome to the space Rajeev

Swetha Padakandla said...

oh ho!

bad time..bt dont panic.. keep up the hopes, al the best!
sorry for not reading ur posts! was out of blogsville for few days..
wil be reading everythng one by one! :)

Yamini Meduri said...

hey Sam..All the best yaar...pick one ok...!!!

Good wishes..!!!

RiĆ  said...

pick the best one tht u can. All the best buddy and hey hav a gr8 weekend!! :)

Anonymous said...

you yenjaai your new project buddy..all the best :D

Anonymous said...

hey Kajal,

thanks a lot for the wishes. i hope the project is good one for me.

Anonymous said...

u too ria :)

Anonymous said...

thanks u yamini

Anonymous said...

hey swetha, ur fiction was being missed :)