Thursday, October 30, 2008

Night out at Level 3....

Diwali ends today and so did the business end of the holidays for me. 3 more days and then I am back again to work. In all probability this could be my last trip to my home town for long time to come. Reason being a long onsite travel beckons. Anyways there is never enough of this wonderful city. A city which loves to rock even in the night....Wow. Where else can you find people flocking to eat Poha Jalebi in the night at 12 AM ....Only here......

I have been very thoughtful and intense in last 3 days. Dunno but the thoughts have been very radical and intense. And boy owing to the festivities and social dos, i cant even jot down the thots in a blog or a notebook :)

Today it was a night out with my family....And the culprits were me, my cousin R, his bro C with his fiancee S and my nephew and niece. And the occasion was to watch the movie after long time together. I booked the tickets through Bookmyshow in Mangal Adlabs (name sounds weird) for 945 PM show. We had a plan to hit the Geofrey's pub in the grand mall of TI, but we couldnt as we started late...No no today no kid trouble or married ppl tantrums...

We hit the Level 3 pub in Mangal Mall itself at 845 PM and 4 of us (excluding the love birds) chilled off to booze and sheesha. I am naive in sheesha, so dint bother much about it. I had my usual chicken starters and Long Island Ice Tea. Full on booze, i was at my vocal best. And then we repeated Carrona pitcher with lime and had a bottoms up. My pledge to be a tee-totler in my home town was down in dust bin. But the entire night and some snacks in the theater could give me enuf cover time to recover from bad breath early next morning.....

My cousin's fiancee felt out of place in the pub. Level 3. This was my 2nd visit to a pub in less than 5 days. Anyways back to the fiancee thingy, the lady thought she was amongst the drunkards. Her beau was well behaved as usual. I didnt bother to make her at ease, cos i m very bad in doing that. So i chit chatted with my niece who feels I am the most coolest "mama" around....

Entire movie she didnt utter a word...I thought may be they had a fight. But i had no courage to ask and i left upto them to sort it out. I dont want to act mediator :). I was high. Movie sucked. But Priyanka Chopra rocked. She looked damn hot and sexy. Oh boy for a moment i had a crush on her....She is now # 2 in my list behind Kareena Kapoor and Amrita Rao....Wow. I am sharing a foolish stuff out here.. Drinking and watching a movie in my home town was unimaginable for me. I am waiting for Dostana to release....

Reached home back at 1 AM in the morning and immediately turned to desktop for blogging. Guys, i have been unable to read / comment on ur blogs and reply to the comments. Diwali time and its pretty understandable that the festivities would keep me busy besides irritating stints with animals and insects. Tuesday had a fight with a stubborn yuckie dog who sneaked in and sat below the car scared of the crackers. It left the next morning and i was relieved. I had hit him, threw water and what not. I hate dogs....Wednesday morning we had no power thanks to the faulty motor in the well (kuan)....Kept calling to MPEB, but they didnt bother. The meter box had a beehive in it. I broke it armed fully with jacket, helmet and jeans. Killed nearly 100 bees without getting bitten :)

Adventures never cease with me. Spent most of the day watching Test match at Kotla...Right now I am writing this post at 1:50 AM in the night....I have been born, brought up and had my entire education in this city Joie :). A pukka XXXori :))..Yeah...Bhiya (very typical word used here :P)...

Dont i sound cheerful ?

6 comments:

Me said...

Yeah you do sound cheerful :) Nice to know that.

I love dogs, I understand for some people they are more of a nuisance. :)

Its always gr8 to get back to home and spend time with ur favourite ppl in a familiar set-up.Glad to know you enjoyed evry bit of it.

Have fun and Stay Happy
Harshita

Anonymous said...

Thank you buddy

joie de vivre said...

hey man
cool..try on the rocks
i went dere for a bday party..
well m not into drinkin n all dis..

njoy
hav fun wid poha jalebi!!

RiĆ  said...

Gr8 so u havin a good time. I plan to see fashion tomorrow with my guy. I can understand wht the poor gurl mus hav felt to b with guys who were full on drinking, atleast i wud feel very awkward. Anyways thts y i dont really enjoy goin out with the other guy friends of my bf.

Anonymous said...

Joie, Level 3 rocks and so does the city...isnt it ?

Anonymous said...

hey ria, watch out for PC, she rocks in the movie :) are the girl wasnt with the guy friends of her bf, but with her own to be family memebers :)