Thursday, July 9, 2009

Nostalgias and owing to A.

I have been in bad shape over a month now. Cyst followed by neck sprain, injury in the leg and right now fever since 3 days. I must be drinking lots of water now to get rid of this fever. So today I wasn’t sure if I need to go to the office and thought I would rest at home. Watch Ashes and then sleep. Sleeping in fever is uneasy. I am a fan / AC person. Heat bothers me. And if I sleep with fan on, I shiver and get the fever. Take crocin and then wait for the fever to subside. Pretty annoying. To add to the woes, there is a water cut in the Pune. Water comes in at unearthly hours and I need to get up at 430 – 5 AM to get the bath, else go office without it. So bathe and then sleep. Disgusting routine this.

So after I visited to the doctor today, thanks to my good timing n planning, I decided to give my bike for servicing and hurried to Aundh to give the bike and then catch the 11 AM bus to office. Catching bus from Aundh meant nostalgia and revisit of those old good days. Aundh is only area I like in Pune and I have spent close to 2.5 years living in this area. Cosmo and nostalgic. I gave the bike for servicing and then decided to walk through to my erstwhile bus stop through areas I have spent my times with. When you visit those areas or places, the memories associated with it come alive. For me its so strong. Very strong. When I walked through the Ambedkar chowk, I remembered the electric shop and thus came the memories of new year 2005 which I spent talking with my ex on phone. She spent 31st December day with me and we had great time. It was first time together. And then few yards away it was the beer shop which was again a kinda ironic. In order to get over her pain later, I used to go get beer from that shop.

I also went through the old flat when I stayed with my brother and the old bus stop for Wipro. I remembered how frantically I used to call my ex A from that very place if I didn’t get a call from her in the morning. We had that routine to call each other. I kept walking and kept playing on the music of those days in my ears to let the feeling bewilder me and crush me totally. I did it voluntarily. I wanted to relive the pain, relive the happiness and relive the madness. It was orgasmic. And finally when I came close to Pinnac Gangotri – the apartment of 2007 – 08 when I began blogging, went through infinite pain and then healed up amazingly to make a comeback, the bus stop, the pride of joining my current organization and the river view, I was ecstatic. I had lived the horrible nights, painful days in that apartment, yet I loved it. The onsite trips I made from that place, the first laptops I opened up there and so many other stuff.

I have attached memories with places and that’s idiotic I know. I want to get over it. Visiting Aundh is always pleasure for me. Staying there meant I never had to go in the main city. I got everything there. Crossword, good restaurants, malls, shopping centers and everything that I wanted. When I left the place in 2008, I surpassed my utility of stay in Pune. A is passé for me now. Her memories are useless and I have moved on for good. She has moved on. But one thing I owe her. When she was in my life, I learnt how to be in sync with your thoughts, how to love somebody. I always owe this thing to her.

I need good times right now and more than that I need good health right now. In past 25 days I have visited doctor 15 times, something which is unusual and alarming for me. Never done that before. Just need some good luck too.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots and tonnes and aeons of GOOD HEALTH dude !! and good luck too !

*hugz*

now get well really soon !!


ps: Its not idiotic to attach memories with places .. Its humane i guess :)

Rià said...

Take care of ur health!!good luck for that.

And its not at all idiotic (as u said) to attach memories to places. Its a very obvious thing to do. And i am glad u came over it, such experiences only leave u enriched. it was definitely a learning experience, wasnt it!? :) Cheer up!!

angel from heaven said...

Think positive, be positive,as for bad health its comes and goes its part and parcel of life.There are people far off with aids and cancer.

Cheer up, enjoy some rest and of course never mind the fever just get a big tub of icecream chocolate chip of course, a duvet , a couple of SRK movies ,full use of remote control and have a lazy pampering day.Tomorrow you will feel better.
Take care and many thanks for dropping by my blog It feels good.

Chakoli said...

take care... and take rest ;-)
bunk ofc... thast the best time ;-)

Nidz said...

give some time to urself Sam. in my family 4 members are having fever. ek ka thik hote dusre ka chalu. viral fever,
get well soon.

The Geekie said...

oopsss


jadoo ki jhappi

tk care

Anonymous said...

thanks geekie.

Anonymous said...

hey Nidzzi,

its great to have u back here.

this phase is unprecedented for me. never visited doc so much except in baby days...

Anonymous said...

thanks chakoli....

problem with me is i like to work even in illness. only time i remember to have bunked office in sickness when i had 102 - 103 temperature 4 yrs back....else i have worked even when i have had head blow / sore knee / cyst removed and what not :)

Anonymous said...

hey N, thanks.

i have been keeping muself off from the fever by watching DDLj and chak de india....

nice comment :)

Anonymous said...

thanks mermy :)

Anonymous said...

hey ria, thanks a lot.

Arun Kumar said...

When you age... the future looks darker and the past, even the dusty parts of it... looks brighter...
So...n'joy the nostalgia ....