Sunday, July 5, 2009

Namma Bengaluru

I love Bangalore. For its exuberence, for its individuality, for its ability to allow us to do what we want and not care a bit. I love its malls, its IT culture, the vibes I get, the freedom it offers and the culture it embibes. Cosmopolitan in true sense. No bothering about the regions or language you speak. Not to mention the pub culture to unwind yourself aftter a tough week in the office slogging with ass colleagues and managers.

Its a time for me to think if I can move my base to some other city than Pune. Pune isnt buzzing anymore, neither it has the erstwhile "lovely" weather any more. People here are too conservative and skeptical about you. You dont have freedom to do what you want to do. Plus the outsiders aint looked at with a kind sight from the people who have been custodians of so called rich culture of Pune since ages. And Raj mentality is setting in here too fast for anybody's comfort zone. Educated and elite people subscribe here to the Raj antics.

I am still in Banaglore mode. Cant believe it was just 2 days there. Its been 5 years for me here. 62 months to be precise. Heartbreaks, pains and things turning bad in every aspect for me. 5 years is more than necesssary in this city. I havent been too great fan of this city. Though I loved it when i first came here i 2003 while working in Mumbai. I wanted to be here and came here in a year. But then things were never easy for me here. Fighting every thing, fighting for my identity, fighting the battle for my fading identity and existence. It all happened here.

Bangalore trips are now going to be more often going ahead. Next trip I would ensure if possible to catch up with my blog friends there. Namma bengaluru rocks. Pune sucks.

16 comments:

Swetha Padakandla said...

:D so u planning to come down here!!
a very warm advance welcome to u...!

no much idea about Pune, but I do like Bangalore.. :)

cheers

RiĆ  said...

hmm yes i like bangalore too!!but Mumbai is the still the best. Pardon my bias! :P

Me said...

Bangalore is for sure a really nice place... I love it there... have fun

Dhanya said...

Can't really comment on this.. coz I have been in both the places only for a very short amount of time. Don't like the rush much :(

Arun Kumar said...

Bangalore... my fav metro in India... I luv it... especially the early mornings in it are so chilling n fresh..
never been to pune...

Chakoli said...

achanka... pune sucks!!
yeh kya hua?

Anonymous said...

I'll be waiting :)

Anonymous said...

hey ariel, for sure a crackle treat awaits :)

Anonymous said...

Chakoli, its been long time here and no part i havent gone to. blore is relatively new for me and suits me....

Anonymous said...

perfecto arun :)

Anonymous said...

dhanya, blore scores over pune

Anonymous said...

yeah harshita :)

Anonymous said...

ria it was but b4 RT madness set in.

Anonymous said...

hey swetha, let me see how it wud turn up.

Anonymous said...

anytime !! My pleasure :D

Sneha Shrivastava said...

kab ja rehey hou bangalore?:)