Adventures hardly cease following me. Perfect life is just a craving for me.
2 days back I reached home at around 8 PM drenched and wet. Its been raining entire week in Pune. And Pune rains are boring. It drizzles entire day. No heavy rains in monsoons. Boring and disgusting. You would get wet and you cant venture out if it drizzles. Wearing raincoats and carrying umbrellas on bike is pain.
So back to the context of the post, I reached home and as usual threw around my stuff to walk to my den and suddenly I realized my leg slipped, but I balanced myself. What I saw was horror. Entire kitchen and the 2 bed rooms were marooned. Water logged till ankle. And it was tough task for me to soak up the water.
I didn’t flinch my teeth in anger. I went along the routine of changing the dress and armed with a Bermuda and a t-shirt, rushed to the shop to take a mopper to clean the water.
70 Rs spent, but then I began the excersise to clean the 3 rooms with water. Horrible sight was that my laptop charger was submerged into water for dunno how long. My laptop is my life and being online is my USP. If I find no net, I get nervy and throw tantrums. I have got to have net for survival. My laptop was charged 89 %, so 3 hrs were with me.
I cleaned up the entire stuff in 1.5 hours and then assessed the loss. The kitchen sink pipe had broken and I got it fixed the other day for 40 bucks. Biggest loss was the charger which had got wet and when I shaked it lot of water trickled.
I just couldn’t plug it in fearing some electric hazard. 2 days on and my laptop is discharged. Yesterday I surfed on my ITouch and today I dried my charger in the office and tested it. Its working. So I get back home and plug it back in praying that it doesn’t turn out to be a disaster.
My net is essential for me to survival. If my net works fine, I would be back on your blogs, if not then please spare with me and pray for me that my charger works well n doesn’t give rise to any electric hazard.
18 comments:
i can understand. even i might be shifting in a day or two. i have net here but there again i have to take new net connection. when u keep shifting around idea of USP is good but then its cost is so high.. paying installation charge every time also pinches
omg!!thats really bad. Do u stay on the ground floor or what?? keep the electronic gadgets on higher elevations so that this doesnt happen again.take care.
srsly without net i feel kind of handicaped too...i totali understand ur situation...good luck with ur charger thing...
i hope u get a charger this weekend .. miss u lotsa dude !
Sorry to hear about your flood , thankgod just the charger was soaked and not your lap top.
Happy weekend and keep smiling.
By the way sam where's the tips to fix my ipod??
dun worry ..it'll be fyn..I guess it is already...
guess wat..the water thing..happened to us last yr ...wen it rained badly here so nevr mind..yeh ur charger i guess wud be fyn...:):)
tc..
he he... happy that u didn't drown man... just the charger...
yeah....its true...wthout net i feel half dead ..:(
i pray ur charger shd work properly ..I can understand ur pain clearly ..hmmm..
Take care Sam..!
Thanks Vyshu, the old charger gave up. had to get new one :(
Arun and that charger made me away from lappy for 3 days. big deal for me.
hey PJ, the water logging happened due to my mistake. but then charger didnt work again...
hey angel, now that my laptop seems up, i wud catch u up on the gtalk and let ya know fixin steps.
got the charger ariel :)
thanks neha, lack of net really hurts.
3rd floor ria. i left the tap open and thus the loss.
totally agree nidzi. the first thing i look for before shifting is availability of net in new place...
good luck for ur shifting..
oo i completely understand that charger thing ....i know what i went through when stupid viruses played with my lappy and i had my phone for rescue :P....hope ur charger works too :)
hey nabs, had to get a new charger :(
Post a Comment