Monday, February 16, 2009

Waiting in Airport Lounge...

Right now its 330 AM in the morning and I am sitting the waiting lounge of Fly Kingfisher to get my baggage checked in. Well it’s just a bag. And it’s just a one day trip to my home town. It’s for the reception of my cousin who got married on 12th this month in far away land and now owes me a treat. So the visit. The airports have their own world. People from different nationalities flying back to their native land or may be coming to India and then typical Indian touts get better of them and just try to give them a taste of what India is. Cheats and thugs. Well not actually. That’s absolutely like African American taxi drivers getting hold of you if you land in East Coast.

Trying to open my blog through the 2 unsecured wireless networks, but failing to do so. Wi-fi connectivity in India is such a crap. Compare that to a US airport and you would connect to any secured/unsecured wifi network in a flash. Of course then you gotta shell out the dollars for that, but then its fine. I am trying to figure out the problem of charging my laptop. HP is ass in battery this days. Hardly 2 hours and it would show alarmed status.

I wore a jacket and now I m sweating. Jerk me. Alright there is a times now tv channel playing out the headlines from the day and mostly English passengers are being amused at Moral policing that happened throughout the day in country over Valentine’s day. That’s something which puts people like us to shame. I mean why this people should carry a negative opinion about the country. Its being said the airport says a great deal about the city / country. Alas here Mumbai fails. A slum nearby the airport is a big sham. In that aspect IGI Delhi scores over Mumbai fair and square.

I had been to 5 Airports within India now. Delhi, Pune, Trivandrum, Hyderabad (within plane only ) and of course Indore. Not to forget Mumbai. Delhi was the best. It was way back in 2008. When I travelled to USA 3rd time in 3 years. Pune to Delhi through Hyderabad in Kingfisher, with suave and hot air hostesses. And then to London in BA and then to Philli through BA. Heathrow is too secure so much so that they wont allow any liquid (make up stuff for girls) in the hand baggage or cabin baggage. I lost my deo. Not sure how much lady travelers lost then. That’s crap.

Delhi 6 songs rock. I m trying to listen to this songs to ward off my sleep. Its going to be 2 days in flight, though just 1 hr. Pados me baithe uncleji who has opened his shoes and is smelling foul in socks is peeping in the laptop to see what I m writing. Hillarious. Some people just cant leave their habits even being in Airport. Train travel or bus travel is fine , but airport pe u r sleeping with shoes open ?

Coming back to the world of airports, I found the Newark and JFK the most intriguing and interesting. You see entire world there. Desis, English, HiSpanish, Mexicans, Africans, Middle East people and then of course Americans. I bet you wont find many helpful people than Americans. They would help you out and then happily say thanks. Compare that to Indians. Bloody no comparison. Hahaha.

Waiting for security check to be announced. Would shut the laptop and head to security check. And then my Infosys bag would be tagged with Kingfisher tags. I would show off to the world, guys I travelled in air. No matter only to Indore. Once you come to airports, you automatically get your best behavior. And compare that to trains or buses, rude or desi at best. Right now I m English at best. Sophasticated English and then the way I speak to American clients to make them understand me. If I speak to them in Indian ascent, they would come back saying sorry say that again. So speak to them like them.

Alright now the announcement has been made and I gotta go to the checkin. If time permits would continue this post. Else chao for now. I had a busy day. Office, then Hmmmm, then movie, then travel to Mumbai and now off to Indore for the wedding reception J

14 comments:

Chakoli said...

I thot after reading the title... even u r not feeling secure at airport at midnight ;-)...jus kidding ;-))

wi-fi.... hahahaa.. In India its still looooong way to go :)))
GPRS is still better I wud say.... :DDDD


Njoy ur vacation... :D

Nikhil Menon said...

I suggest u fly once to changi,singapore and also KL,Malay and if ur one of those who get awed by designs,am sure u ll fall for this.. :)

Bon Voyage..

Nikhil

SMRITI said...

Agree with Nikhil... Everyone here was in awe of the new Hyderabad airport...and once I landed at Changi, I fell in Love with it...Wished I could stay there forever :)


Have a Happy and Safe Trip Sam :)

abhishek said...

enjoy the wedding reception!!

btw DEV D songs also rock...u have to give them a fair trial

Anonymous said...

hey Abhi, yes they do :) emotional atyachr!!

Anonymous said...

hey Menon, i cud never get a chance o go there unless i go for a honeymoon :) but no honey!!

Anonymous said...

thank u smritz,i had it iinfact on the sunday and i wrote this post on sat - sun morning, cudnt post, so did it today!!

i have heard a lot abt Hyd airport..wud go there somedau!!

Anonymous said...

u funny girl chaks:)

Rià said...

Gosh u r tht addicted to blogging tht u r doin it at the airport too!!way to go buddy...hope u enjoy ur trip. :)

Akanksha said...

Hope u had a nice time!
Comments disabled on new post?
Dont get disheartened..as u saidm live for yourself and do what is right! Good Luck!

Dont know how i missed to blogroll you..going to that just after writing this comment!

Sneha Shrivastava said...

Comment latest post ka as it is disable.

Apni life apney hisab sey jiyo maney tou dekha hai agar pyasey ko pani ka glass dou tou pi kar sochega pakka koi matlab hoga tabhi pani diya.isley jo thik lagey wo karo, jisney jo sochna hai karna hai wo wesa hee karega chaey humari intension kuch bhi kyo na haou.:)

All The Best.:)

Anonymous said...

thank u akanksha and sneha :)

Bhargavi said...

not able to comment on the next post ..makes a lot of sense to get away from something that is affecting u a lot .. negativity at work (contributed by others) inevitably relects elsewhere also..Let Go , dude !! .. better things r in store ..

Anonymous said...

wow jet setting!!I love travelling too!!