Friday, November 7, 2008

Live-ins, Obamania and Controversies's fav child!!!

It’s a Friday today and its not the last working day today of the week. We are working tomorrow and also on 6th December. In lieu of this we get an extra leave credited and a long Christmas weekend (25 – 28). Now that’s something a news. Weekends are anyways boring for me, so good thing to come to the office and then enjoy a good long weekend at the end of the year. With time passing, I am feeling more good about myself. Now that’s a good thing to have bcos it keeps you motivated and keeps you smiling. My ascent has turned to American thanks to speaking with them constantly over phone. When I was in US earlier this year, I couldn’t understand heck of bit what they used to say. But then staying there for 2 months and interacting with them over phone makes me comfy with them…

Few more readers added to the blog and it’s a wonderful feeling to connect to people who like reading and voice their opinions frankly. Welcome Appy , Nidhi and Mads out on my blog. Though not a very good post to read to start with, however that was something I felt and I wrote out. All this months, I used to hold back myself owing to different pressures from different quarters, but then they are gone and now I am as free as a bird. Alright I have said that many times.

To clarify on Obama post, that was not a political post. I am not bothered about if he is Republican or Democrat, but what striked me was the appeal he gathered and the support he garnered. Entire world speaks about a person in affirmation, that cannot be a small thing. If he is being seen as new wind of change and the word he is talking about then that is something very notable and creditable. And what prompted me to write was my bhabhi and bhai’s attendance of Election Night rally at Chicago and the snaps they sent. Boy, the people were screaming in happiness and were crying too. It’s a huge event for African American community in US. Isn’t it ? That’s alright if few didn’t get it but then the same few wrote back on other blog on the same topic…

I have been forever involved with controversies. I have been amongst those few people who are always misunderstood. I never do anything with wrong intentions. I try and go to every extent to pacify the person in context to explain my POV or even a logic, but then logic doesn’t always reside in everybody’s mind. I get mighty pissed off when somebody rubs wrong with me or tries to use me. I like to help people with genuine cause, but if that’s going to go against me, then well I would say f**k off.

There was an interesting debate on LIVE-INS in my office bulletin board and as expected most people gave it thumbs down. Opinions ranging from immoral or against the Indian culture or lack of commitment and stuff like that….The traditionalists fumed over the concept and the modern ones questioned them. An ugly fight beckoned. I am not sure how a live-in relationship turns out to be but for sure it is worth a try. Not bcos its moral or immoral, not bcos if its against Indian culture or whatever, but it gives you an idea about how the person you love is. When you love somebody and stay apart , you don’t know little and small habits of person. Living together would give you a microscopic look of person – how good hygienic he or she is, how does he live, how does he/she sleep, does he/she snore or miniscule issues like that which turn to potential fireballs after marriage. I hold a bit different opinion on this issue. I for sure hate unhappy and disastrous relationships / marriages. That’s scary and almost gets you. Very few are able to last the after effects of this class of relationship….Anyway who bothers. For me the key to a good relationship is compatibility and nothing is more important than this. If you make hasty decisions, troubles would ensue later or sooner. So having patience and clear vision on what you need out of your partner is very essential while going for a relationship. I am lucky to say that I have that vision though patience is non-committal…..

A good and healthy relationship is always essential for good life and healthy life. Would post my detailed views on live-in in some other post some other time.

14 comments:

Me said...

A long weekend is quiet a buy-out here :)

I know American accent is easy to get used to.

Obama for sure is an icon for ppl who dream.Lets hope he does turn the things around positively.

As for live-ins...they'll always be debatable... :)

Look fwd to ur post on the same...

Congrats on the increasing number of readers...!!

abhishek said...

No better way to know a person than in a live-in relationsip...i fully endorse your views on the matter

Rià said...

hmmm so this is a 3 in one post!! :) Good to know abt the holiday tht u'll get for christmas. And abt live-ins...i wud say its more of a personal choice. I hav known my guy for 8 yrs so i dont need to live-in with him to know his habits. :P

Aparna Raavi said...

that was a nice post. understanding people. nice subject. i have written a blog on the same. do check it hope you will like it.

cheers
appy

Mads said...

oh oh so many topics in one :D

controversies are my middle name too...i used to get all hysterical wid a link up in my 1st sem, now im like, accha? im dating xyz and cheating on abc? wow, God bless me...duh..fuck off is the way to go :D
Ohh oh oh yeah it was actually surprising to see those african people from kenya screaming wid joy...i was like,shocked it actually makes a differnce to them...i will read ur post on obama, now that its not on politics (phew) :P

live in relationships....hmmm..post one on that, i'll comment :P

Priya Joyce said...

I completely agree ..live-in relationships reely make a way for understanding and also develops compatibility...u needn't be married to live together..y r most indians married without even knowing each other properly?

huh!..kindaa ritual it has become..wich has to be followed..change has to cum.

Anonymous said...

hey harshi, thanks and i hope u hv a good non - working weekend too with u restin n chillin off with good thigngs :)

Anonymous said...

yo abhishek,many thanks. i feel Live-ins cud go a long way in avoiding disastrous relationships

Anonymous said...

hey ria, u r one lucky girl and i wish u keep rockin in ur relationship too :)

Anonymous said...

hey appy, checked ur post n commented out too :)

Anonymous said...

a rebelious PJ the DJ :)))

Anonymous said...

very soon mads, i wud put up a posht!! n at times its gud to b in controversies, i panicked 1st but now i m ok n cool with them :)

Aparna Raavi said...

hey samy, i actually wanted you to visit this one: http://aparna84f.blogspot.com/2008/10/understanding-others.html. do check it.

appy

Anonymous said...

hey Appy wud check out soon :)