
The weekend is about to end. And i must say i had a good weekend. in fact a mixed bag. There was no going to office, but the phone calls from my ex project manager made me jittery and i thought of multiple strategies to ward him off. I didnt want to go to the office today or yesterday back to hell. no.
One of the oldest readers left me and that was disappointing. So the special post goes off for a day or 2. The highlight of this weekend was the meetup of 3 college time friends in 8 months. And we had a good time together.
One of my friend was on his way to Mumbai to meet one of his prospects and en route he stopped for a day in Pune from Hyderabad. So yesterday morning i met him up at my other friend's place. Now when i go to this friend's place i feel the urge to set up my home. I mean to buy lot of stuff. But then not needed for me. I am a minimalist. Like to have only those things which i want.
We decided to go on for biking and initial plan included going to Narayanpur on 2 bikes enjoying country side drive and small hiking. So armed with sunglasses, 2 bikes including my red mean machine we warded off for the ride. Stopped enroute for hats to ward off 41 degrees scorching heat and gulp in more liquid (neera what they call here for coconut water and lots of lime juice) to keep water levels intact.
Midway the plan changed and we decided to go to Purandar fort. I didnt knew of things 2 come, so i just rode off. I was njoying the biking. Had lon
g time ambition to go driving. Pulsar rocks. And me on red look more attractive. Geeee.So on reaching the fort i froze. it was a cocky road with no tar and just rocks. And guys said we had to climb up. I said are you crazy? I cannot go up and on bike with no prior experience. We were ill prepared. We didnt have hiking gear, we didnt have water with us. just 3 of us on 2 bikes. It was a crazy act. I am sure i would be insane to have done that. Almost risked my life. I froze when i thought what if the bike got punctured and then what would follow. I would go numb. It was 12 km hike. There were 4 more bikers but on 100 CC hero honda bikes and they occasionally gave up.
It was a 40 min hike up. I was in a very bad shape. My hands pained. Few moments i had breathing trouble. My feet burnt in scorching heat. We went in the fort and had a quick recee of the fort. Was good one experience. The decent down was supposed to be a tough one experience, but it turned out to be an easy experience. Engine down and closed, go with the flow, evade the rocks, slow down at curvy turns and just go easy.
And when we decended finally we were down. Still we had to go back 50 kms to Hadapsar (Magarpatta City) and have lunch in between. When we reached home I was tanned. Sun burns all over my hands and legs. I want to know that what do i do to get rid of this sun burns. Suggestions invited.
Am fully occupied with IPL. Started a blog on it. I am rooting for Delhi DareDevils and have to support Mumbai Indians whenever Sachin plays. He is GOD and i cant leave him.
Evening followed with watching game of Royal Challengers vs Rajasthan Royals in Soul, ABC Farms in Koregaon Park along with margarrita....
All in all a good weekend except the secret wish not to receive managers' call.. he bores and sucks. Its back to office tomorrow and i hope it would be good time now ownwards.
10 comments:
HAHA
loved ur title,bt hw cud u say w/o bandar u were thr na.;-) jus kiddin.i m also suportin delhi daredevils,i think dis time even deccan chargers cud perfrm well.
give ur boss a jaddu ki jhappi nd he wud b fine.
tak care:-)
hey, so u had fun!
kewl
btw, whr did tht spcl post went tht u wer supposed to post on sunday! :-o
anyways, luks like purandar trip made u forget it :P
cheers
swetha
hey those were some gr8 pics!! :) And i m glad u had fun! Btw who's tht old reader u r talking abt??
nice pics re:)
toh eeh baat karat rahe kal :P
About the sun burns, I think you should have taken the appropriate step (i.e, should have applied some sun block) before stepping out :P I did the same mistake when I made a trip to Goa.. and by the time I came back home, I was totally sun burnt. It took months for me to recover. Experience teaches us a lot ;)
I am supporting Punjab in IPL! But sorely missing Lee and Sreesanth!
DJ PJ, maine nahi kheeche :)
hey ria, that exodus was ridiculous....the fun was impromptu so it added the chillin factor :)
hey Dhanya, as i said it was a on the moment planning, so no planning went in...
i m feeling the pinch here. avoiding going out now in sun and if i have to i take a umbrella :)
got a sunscreen cream with a spf of 30 :)
hey swetha, that post wud come soon :) and with that some awards :))
same pinch chakoliji..,Delhi daredevils wud win hands down and hands up!!
jadu ki jhappi ke layak nahi he yaar he needs a sun screen bath :)
Post a Comment