
If India has to be proud of something out of the Oscar hype all around, then it has got to be the king of music. Undisputed king and the best country has ever had in its history. Allah Rakha Rehman. He is just one word : fantabulous and absolutely marvellous. You gotta hail him. He is the emperor. He is the master. He is the GOD of the music in the country. Melody just drops off his hat like a feather off pigeon's hat. Countless hit songs, melodious harmonies. He is just supreme. And his talent is aptly recognised by world by this Oscar duo awards.
Jai ho Rehman....
Cant say the same about movie though. Its more to do with a foren film than an Indian film. I must say Oscars are biased towards Indian (Bollywood) movies. Had SDM being made by a Indian director, i bet my S that it would have failed to make the cut to the final race, let alone win an Oscar. There have been lot many better films made in India than SDM> Just cos they were Indian movies and not made by a British or American, they failed to make the cut. And no I dont speak of saddist movies like Mother india or 60s, but even in 90s or this decade (i dont speak of Aamir Khan movies either).
Alrighty, let me not be a sour fruit. Many congratulations to the Oscar winners of Slum Dog Millionare....
Jai Ho Osc'AR Rehman........
Jai ho Rehman....
Cant say the same about movie though. Its more to do with a foren film than an Indian film. I must say Oscars are biased towards Indian (Bollywood) movies. Had SDM being made by a Indian director, i bet my S that it would have failed to make the cut to the final race, let alone win an Oscar. There have been lot many better films made in India than SDM> Just cos they were Indian movies and not made by a British or American, they failed to make the cut. And no I dont speak of saddist movies like Mother india or 60s, but even in 90s or this decade (i dont speak of Aamir Khan movies either).
Alrighty, let me not be a sour fruit. Many congratulations to the Oscar winners of Slum Dog Millionare....
Jai Ho Osc'AR Rehman........
20 comments:
I meant tht out of the 5 tht SM was nominated,it had won 4..(4/5) :p
btw,its a proud moment for india.Lets plunge and bask in the glory!! :)
Nikhil
hmm
i dnt find jai ho dat good..its a nice song for sure but not the best one from rahman's composition
nyways
this man has made us feel so proud
kudos to him...
A moment that made the whole India Proud:-)
yeah i saw teh award function yesteray, rehman ji is so cute and looked so down to earth...
I choose love!!! and thats y i m here :)
JAI HO!!! :D :D
to me Jai Ho is not the best of Rehman.....he has many great tracks in his collection.....they are worth of oscars but unfortunately...they were not in the race..!!!
nyways....congratulations to the team...!!!
To be honest i didnt think ?Jai ho is a great song .. heard better .. but i dont know the competition .. so maybe relatively it was the best .. as for the movie ..i think it was a huge let down.. even worse than the book ..Congragulations , neverthless
Congratulations India!
i sumhow agree 2 u...had it been an Indian movie it wouldn't have seen this size of applauds.
BTW u left me guessing...if its nt MoTher India kinds nor the Aamir movies then vat it is dat u r referring 2???
lets not be -ve abt it!atleast Danny Boyle gave us a platform which we cudnt reach till now. I m grateful to tht guy for making this movie. :) I believe in seeing it in a +ve light.
hey Nikhil, rehman, resul and gulzaar really got pride for us :)
hey ria, i respect ur thoughts but i differ on them :)
bingo joie, but then thats what wud alwsys be remembered cos it got Rehman his first oscarr :)
couldnt agree more akanksha:) btw do u use any proxy to login to the blogger ?
haha rehman is cute nidhi ?
jia jale :) Pri :) just a parody of jai ho!!
bingo yamini
Bedazzled u echo my thots, tehere r better songs Rehman has created than SDM!!
hey Arunima, spot on. if it was an indian director say mani then it wud have been thrown out of the contention long back :)
Sahi bole Sam baba... I didnt think SDM is such an extra ordinary movie...neither did I think the music that ARR gave was the best he ever did...but I only sat up to watch the awards to see ARR win and I am elated about it. Disgusted with the hype around the movie...ask me, I'd give THE READER as the best movie :P
Congrats ARR sirji....you are the best!! :)
bang on Smriti
Post a Comment