Saturday, December 13, 2008

Apartment Hunt and getting in Shape

Read the Rab ne Bana di Jodi "Review / Ode / Tribute" on the new blog right here --->http://isayeitheryousayneither.blogspot.com/2008/12/hum-hai-rahi-pyar-ke-fir-milenge-chalte.html


Alright, the flat hunt is on. Vacating this kabootarkhana by last week of Dec. Saw a 2 BHK today for 8.4k. Expensive, but better than loot on in Aundh and Baner road. Bloody hell, old flat as good as 6 or 7 years old and the greedy owners expect 12-14k for 2 BHK ? Are bhai koi kaha se layega itna paisa in tough times ?

And this brokers. For them an IT geek means a man or a woman with money tree on his/her backyard :(. Exhorbitant rates. And this buggers dont even value time.....I lost cool with one of them and literally stopped short of typical Delhi abuse.....

Went to McDie for another junk food diet preciselt 2nd in 3 days. And then stumbled across "Body n Soul". And then had a look at myself. Good face no doubt. Looks worth 3 or 4 years less than what actually I am. Many people take me to be a collegian. I am not joking. I always have a bag up my back containing BIKE papers, so the guys ask me "Are u in college ?". I say "Heavens no, I have work ex of 6 years in IT and 7 years overall."

So got the "checkup" done and the results were shocking. I am close to 6 feet (1 inch less). Weight was good 10+ than recommended. I am not getting younger for sure, though i look. Fitness woes. That was not it. The fat % and cholestrol content was shocking. 6 inches of fat across entire body.

Shook me. I was like wtf. And then i remember :
  1. Daily dose of Chicken in office
  2. Weird dinner habits
  3. Junk food
  4. Samosas oily ones
  5. Soft drinks and occasional hard ones
  6. Lack of physical excersise
  7. Blah blah

and then i concluded its right time to go and join the weight loss programme. For whatever cost it might be. The doc told me "lucrative packages" but I was firm in going for weight loss program. 5 kgs to start with. And then take it from there. 45 days, 15 sessions, going early @ 7 AM.

I am up for it. Fitness conscious abhi nahi to kabhi nahi types. I know if i join office gym for free i wont get urge. 7 or 8 days of excitement and then it would fizzle out. If I pay 4 grands for loosing good 5 kgs getting to 75 kg, then for sake of every rupee I spent, I would take it sincerly.

I have a bulgy tummy. Akki pointed it. One of the reasons why she ran away. She cajoled me to go join VLCC in 2006, but i faked. She found out and got royally pissed.

Tonite its Rab ne Bana di Jodi. Hell with reviews. Hell with populist opinions. I am gonna like it. Couldnt stop the excitement. Wow.

27 comments:

Nikhil Menon said...

oh..god..wat a tym for it..!!

I was ;lookin for inspirations to drive maself into the gym or anything tht cud take sum weight off me and thr i am at ur space..

nice post..

am blogrolling u!!

cheers! :)

Bhavya said...

From where did u do your lucrative packages weight loosing treatment, and how much did it cost you?

Anonymous said...

Hey MM, good to know that u found an inspiration at my blog :)

i have read u few times silently and u have got quite a good blog :)

addin u up too dude!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bhavya, thanks for droppin bi. i got the package of loss for 5 kg @ Rs 3750 in Body n Soul @ Aundh, Pune.....

There is an ad today in TOI abt some offer they have :)

Thanks

Bhavya said...

Hey Sam,

Thanks for the reply.
Was just reading your blog, found it great.
As you r from pune, we do have a Pune Bloggers group. I want to mail you the details for the same.
just reply at bhavsidd@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Menon, here is the comment i dropped on ur blog, but unable to post it cos of craziness out of blogger :)

Hey Dude,

addin u up :)

Thanks for droppin bi!!

I feel too strong abt the 11/26 and i m yet to come out of it...i cant write more on it as i choke for words....

u got a good blog and i wud love to read it whole in installments :)

Anonymous said...

hey Bhavya, replied :)

I'll try 2 be truthful said...

hey sam , waiting for your rnbdj review.
do you have subway there ?? the food is healthier than Mc D & all .
& one help if u want , dont think about weight issues ,seriously because i've seen that once you start thinking about it u gain more, instead try simple things like walking.
sorry advice thoda zyada ho gaya.:)

Gauri Mathur said...

[ahannn..tonning body and all..ahem ahem!!

Good news in the way:D:D:D
good good...:)
heheh]
vaise its very nice,,that now u r cumin in shape..u r becoming more aware,,:):)
Carry on with your upto the mark fitness.
:):)
Take care:)

take care

Nidz said...

all the best for weight reduction plan..

Sneha Shrivastava said...

Kho pio ash karo or jam key workout karo.
stay happy.

abhishek said...

good luck with the weight reduction thing...i wish i could increase my weight somehow...different ppl different needs

Anwesa said...

So ur flat-hunting.its actually a torment.(phew!)n u lyked rnbdj,dint see it yet,but i'll take a peek on ur word.weight losing-that too is a nitemare.
nice read this was..

Anonymous said...

thanks nidz :)

Anonymous said...

Abhishek, good luck

Anonymous said...

Yeah Sneha, wud maek sure dont put on again :)

Gauri Mathur said...

No replies for my comment:(

Anonymous said...

hey G, wud do :)

lot of comments remain unanswered...wud do soon :)

believe me!!

Gauri Mathur said...

oh Sam,,u pulling my leg r taunting me?:([on my blog]

no issues,i ws just aisee doing sum masti.. bus thoda prshan karehe:D:D
no probs..
take care:):)

RiĆ  said...

hey i saw the movie and liked it too!wht do u say? And all the best for ur falt hunt.

Anonymous said...

Ria, my views rt on my 2nd bllog :)...link at start of this post..........

Anonymous said...

no G, m not taunting u :(

Anonymous said...

//Thanks a lot for following my blog!!//

Anonymous said...

Meeera. u r welcum....

nothin to say on this post ?

Richa said...

all the best for the work out buddy :D
i know how hard it is.. it takes lot of determination :D

n yeah, all the best again for finding good home :)

Me said...

All the best for the wt reduction plan...

I prefer exercise to VLCC though but then, VLCC sounds good too. You pay them and they do it for you :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah thanks Harshi.....This time i wennt foor body n soul, but the project activities and the apartment hunt made me skip the 2 of the sessions after the 1st one :(

m too lazy to do the excersises on my own!!