Its the end of an era in my professional life tomorrow. I sign off from Infosys after an eventful, tumultuous period in last 4 years on Monday. 9/19 marks an end of the times when I walk off the company which refused to give me the due I owned in lieu of the blood and sweat I gave to the company, helped them deliver so many projects, got the lacs of US dollars and in the end I got to go with an open mind.
When I joined Infosys in October 2007, I was excited to be part of it as I had always wanted to be part of it. I had heard of stories when people got cash rich bonuses or even some rewards whenever organization attained a milestone. But when I joined and spent 47 months in the organization, I came to know that the glittering gold outside is even worse than a burnt coal, worse even than ashes.
They've got some real skewed appraisal process, some coterie of people who take decisions far away from the ground realities, they continue to live in denial, they misuse the power they've got in the Indian IT industry. They are bunch of people who believe more in perceptions, image building and ignoring the facts. They've got a bunch of fat asses who refuse to acknowledge the existence of people. They've got some real nasty policies which basically leaves you feeling worse working here. They've got superb buildings in all their Development Centers, all down South, they've got some skewed numbers to show the world they are a very ethical and a very good IT company, but instead they've got some idiot dickheads in the management who feel they can rule the world.
Such companies who are built on crappy ethics are bound to downfall. And for them the downfall has already begun.
I remember how badly I was treated in those dark days of 2008 - 09 when the project I worked in was screwed. The onsite managers used to openly swear in the calls, the offshore management of the same account was out to get me thrown out of company. I managed to battle all of that and I am happy that I am walking out of the company on my terms.
I feel relieved, I feel I am wiping out a dark and painful era of my life. Last few months were spent desparately looking out for a change and though it didnt come very smooth, but when it came, its giving me a chance to forget the past, learn from it and move on. I remember those hours spent in the office cubicle working in skewed projects and at the end of it getting a very poor feedback. I remember having missed out on attending my Dad's catract operation in March 2009, missed out on attending wedding functions of my friends and family members, I remember how I had missed out on being myself working here in this bullshit organization.
Its a fresh start for me, its a new life that begins for me very soon with all painful times wiped out. Its gonna be a new lease of life, its gonna be a new times, its gonna be a good myself, a new me, a new inner self and an exterior me.
No comments:
Post a Comment