Thursday, August 4, 2011

Shitload from Cogni

Exhausting day today. One of my crucial projects and one of the best I worked in and handled, went for Testing today. It was tough and tense day today. The build up for most part of the day was very cool and had no issues, but when deployment happened, I had to deal with some real jerks and lampoons.  Challenged for understanding and challenged for common sense. They pretend not to understand or they are really mentally challenged guys. 

Had to endure a  real tough time making them understand the issue in the deployment, though in the end everything turned out to be good. I came home and this guy BR wanted me to stay back in the office. When I can work  from home, why stay in the office. 

But the real stunner came from the company who is seeming to be on a positive growth spree and is now # 3 in Indian IT world. But it just lacks common sense and professionalism to handle recruitment. I was supposed to get an offer letter today,  but something changed and they called me saying that they have some doubts over my commitment. Goddamn, that's ridiculous. 4 years in a single company isnt a joke after having gone through all shit and crap here. 

Account manager says we roll out an offer, his sub-ordinate and HR says wait till you get a suitable opportunity. Am continuing to face delays in getting one good offer. Frustrating thing is I am clearing every step. All interviews cleared, technical stuff, HR stuff. Managerial interview, everything cleared. But when it comes down to roll out the offer, they suddenly feel I am not best fit. When ? When all shitload of interviews are done, all evaluation is being done and they suddenly feel I am not best fit. Just hours before they call back and say Boss you are very good technically and we'd want you onboard soon.

Dont know when this round is going to end. Worse part of it all is the financial loss i would endure. My lease expires in 2 weeks and based on yesterday's call with the account manager, I extended my lease till the end of this month by paying 200 bucks more than what I usually do for my monthly rent. And at the end of it, due to the reason I did, I get to know this is not at all needed.

If I shift to another apartment and sign a 3 month lease and I have to move in within 3 weeks, then I'd end up breaking lease and pay the fine out of my pocket. Cognizant then wont be around to take cognizance of that fact. My history with Cognizant in past hasnt been very good and that seems to just repeating itself all over again now. They selected me 3 times and every time in the past they selected me, they didnt send an offer letter to me and based on vocal conversation, they want me to join them.....

And they are all set to pip Infosys from the 2nd spot.

2 comments:

Chakoli said...

hahahaha


Every IT guys might have faced this situation in his life atleast once... and for many of us it cud be countless

there shud really be a law.... that if they are not serious and after interview they fine us fit but positions get scraped or something company shud be liable to pay soem money to the candidate.

so much of mental torture u see..

Sam said...

Chakoli, u still blogging ;)

Yea, this kinda provision shud be there for non serious cos...

worst part was that on friday same guy called and said they are processing offer.

i was like biting my hair out :(