Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday Rants.

I sit in my cubicle right now with a writer’s block occupying me strangely and strongly. I have had this feeling since so many days now. I have ran out of steam to write. This days the posts are more spur of the moment types than pre-planned ones. Watching twilight, came across a dialogue or a situation that caught my eye, a post followed. 2 of my this week’s posts have been based on Twilight, the wonderful movie on a wonderful novel. This days or say months I have been neck deep into Twilight and Bella, Edward have appealed me to no end. That is, I live twilight day in and day out. You could see the playlist at the left of the blog containing Twilight OST and movie shots. I have finished the book and already purchased the next 2 books on the series “New Moon” and “Eclipse”. Started with the “New Moon” yesterday. Bella in the movie looked damn sweet and cute (Kristen Stewart).

My life is pretty ordinary right now. No highs or lows. Mood swings are more frequent. 2 days since I was in a kind of low mood. Fumbled 2 times in 2 days, once in way to catch the bus across the bus terminal. Close to 400 people saw me tumbling down the walkway. I got up on my own with eyes wide open and kept walking, it hurt later on. I was more busy chatting with her on Mobile. And then next day I fumbled again in the bus this time over a seat luckily not over the lady seated there. You could imagine what would have happened to me.

My gym workouts have been irregular. 3 out of last 8 days I have worked out in gym. 2 days I haven’t gone cos I was too sour to go and further stiffen up my body. My weight is a thing of concern and I m trying to take steps to control and reduce it. First of that is to give up the chicken diet for few weeks. Tough, but inevitable. Last few days I was excited on prospects of a relationship coming to an existence, but it fizzed out soon. Story of my life. Fanfare, excitement, one stupid act and everything finishes off. I was committed not to make that happen this time, but it did happen. I should prolly understand that everything takes its own time and if this has to work out, I would need to have patience and ensure I don’t do any foolish act. Anyways let’s see. If it has to work out, it will, else it won’t whatever I do. I biked around today to office. Gives me a high when I ride my bike. Greatest way to de-stress.

My friends ask me why don’t you have a car? I said I can have it the moment I want to, but I won’t have it right now. Reason being an uncertainty. I don’t know where my next assignment would take me. If it’s here, then no probs, if its outside Pune, then well I am not prepared to buy the car, use it for few days and then sell off or send off to my home. Plus it’s a disgusting experience to take a car in Pune. Last year in space of 4 months, I had to cancel the booking 2 times. Can you imagine it? Once it was on my birthday. I am bit conservative when it takes to buying big things. Lot of inertia and lot of thought process, maddening at times, goes beyond it. I got to be fully convinced that it’s going to be of some real use to me. Recession times make it hard for me to spend close to 10k a month on car including maintenance (minimal right now), EMIs and petrol / diesel cost.

There has been sort of a misunderstanding between me and one of my close persons. I find this strange. I wish to reach out to the kid and solve this one out. It serves no purpose. I see this as misunderstanding. I don’t know how he sees it. Perspectives and perceptions should match here. Most often they don’t match and the resultant out of it is the misunderstanding. One of my cousins and me had a sort of misunderstandings ever since we were kids (born 7 months apart from each other) and were tough competitors in school. It took years for us to get rid of those cold vibes and when we got rid of those vibes we were closest ones. We still are. We discussed everything in and out, the most favorite topics of ours – relationships, politics (we both support same ideology and the party) and of course the cricket. When he was in Pune before and after his marriage, I was closest one to him. We went home together (1.5 kms apart in Indore) and came back together. When he was married and days before flying to Chicago, where he is based currently, I spent a quality time with him and his wife. Movies together on the weekends, hours spent in weekend brunch (lunch / dinner) and then revoking the older memories of school and college ending up in laughters and nostalgia. When I was in dumps 2 years back, he helped me out of it and was the only person I confided in with almost everything after my 1st blog.

Lunch time for me now. It’s going to be Subway or a Chinese meal for me today. Geared up for counting tomorrow.

Have a Happy Friday and a rocking weekend ahead guys. Signing off for now.

8 comments:

Rià said...

have a good weekend and hit the gym with a vengeance. :P

Swetha Padakandla said...

quite a lot u said! :)
dont try to change urself.. be as u r!

cheers
swetha

Dhanya said...

Lotsa random musings there :) Hope you have a great weekend ahead of you too!

Priya Joyce said...

but i like ur posts..specially the unplanned ones:)

enchantinganki said...

lots of things going thogether..good to knoe about you..
happy gyming..

Pallav said...

i wud say i think ths is all abt life..
so many things are happening.. and tht is also altogether..
anyways... dnt worry.. i hope eevrythng will be fine..
n Gym shym...tht u ll do nw...i m sure...

Cheers :)

Pallav

Amrita~Ams said...

aa haa...I came to ask hows u?? ;)...and ur post ask that all :)

happy gyming :)

cutestangel said...

Happy weekend sam, keep writing keep smiling and have some fun!!