Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Living on the edge

Updates: The gloom and tension continued for 2nd day in row. I got a shocking news that one of my colleagues in my erstwhile team was laid off. I was uncharacterstically low and words didnt come out of me. Every phone call made me more apprehensive and i just wished that it didnt mean bad stuff. It didnt. Perhaps i need to get over it now and show my best attitude in the work as is the need. I didnt have bad attitude in the previous project but working day in and day out for 17 hrs in row for 4 months would make anybody edgy and irritating cos there is no respite. I have no words to explain the situation I am in. I just wish if you guys could realize it. i hope you dont make mock of it and dont make fun of it. If you could help me out reach out to me with soothing words. They would do the best of help to me. Thats what i need right now. I have been too individualistic in past, but this situation warrants that i reach out to my friends and no body can do it more better than you guys.

I cant disclose this to my close ones as it would mean pressure and tension. So i share it out here. I have been out of hell. I love my organization, i love every bit of it. But i dont mince words to call the previous unit as the worst and unhuman. They are vampires and i m lucky to be out of it. Your help would mean a great deal and I would be in awe of you guys. Its a humble and sincere request to help me heal out of this horrendous and extremely disappointing situation for me.

Tension is in there. The figures just came in and they were shockingly dissappointing. The Q4 results. There are going to be job cuts. I just wish I am through this tough phase. Last 2 days, i have lived the horror. The simmering hot feeling is making me uneasy. Gotta hang in and do the best to survive. Its that tough now and is like walking on slender thread which can be cut off any time.

BTW I got free of the whacky assignment i was in for last 5 months and for next few days its going to be healing time out of the scars i got from that project. I have already begun the recovery process and started lookin back for lost life and soul. Anybody who can give me some tips to find are welcome. A century beckons and going by the past trend, the future of this blog seems to be in danger.

15 comments:

Pallav said...

Unfortunately. to be in job is the most difficult task in present scenerio..
wen i see people r jobless.. i really got scared...
i wish n pray for u..
dont woryy...
God is thr to help u out...
tk cr n May God Bless....

Pallav :)

Swetha Padakandla said...

hey sam,

relax! dont get so tensed..
trust in god! everything wil be alryt..
its the time which is not correct.. just have patience and believe in god. he wil make thngs alryt soon..

wishing u gud luck

take care
swetha

Anonymous said...

all I can give you is a hug and big smile.. will that help you heal? :)


this too shall pass.. handle it the 'sam' way because no other way works no matter how cool the suggestions are..it's gonna be you in the ring with yourself..:)

p.s. don't you dare do anything to the blog..me likes this place..:)

Priya Joyce said...

zindagi ka safar hei yeh aisa safar
:):(

donno wat

Anonymous said...

priya, this is a serious post. this is not a run of mill fun post...

i dont expect a song wordings out here....

Anonymous said...

thanks swetha, i need those words and i need good wishes.

thanks a ton for ur good wishes..

Anonymous said...

very much kajal :)

the words are all that i need now. somebody coming to me and saying "everything wud be alright" wud mean immense healin to me....

thanks a ton buddy!!

RiĆ  said...

yeah the scenario is pretty scary now. I hope we all survive this!!and jus stay there buddy...i m sure u'll pass this too!!

cutestangel said...

Hey Sam you should thank god that your job is in tact.Look at it from your collegues view point he would give anything to be in your shoes right now.
Work hard ang give your best and god will take care of the rest.
Cheer up nad do keep blogging.

Me said...

This shall pass too.

We all are going thru this at our end... but I think enuff of getting scared day in...day out.. ab toh jo hoga dekhengey

Dhanya said...

Hey buddy! Don't worry too much. Inshallah everything will be a-ok. Will pray for you definitely! :)

Anonymous said...

thank u dhanya for the wishful thoughts. i hope i overcome this

Anonymous said...

thanks harshita, thats the attitude to be. i try to be that mode "dekhenge jo bhi hoga", but its tough to come out fo that...

Anonymous said...

we wud sure ria :)

Anonymous said...

hey N, i know i have been on good side of fence for now, but dont know when it cud reverse. i hope it doesnt reverse. i dont deserve this after working my ass out for 5 months...