Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Break, Voting and Laa Yaar for Kaas Ab

I hope to be regular now on the blogs world. The break is over and I m back to the normal grinding work which would continue max till the month end. I desperately needed the break and I had it, one day extended. I went home and as usual suffered with upset tummy. So no eating outs at the famous joints of my home town. Laptop heating problem still persists and the "me-time" still exists in the thoughts. A lot of things to be done starting with the hair cut, laundry (dhobi press karega kapdo ko, but wo alasi hai, mujhe bike par laad ke jana padega uski dukan par), washing machine round, bills and of course blog reading. 455 posts to be read still. Wonder how I would catch the backlog.

Right now I m frozen totally with 30 hours of travel in VOLVO. My usual preferred bus is off for time being, so I had to travel in a cramped sleeper seat of HANS and get frozen in AC and lack of space made me go frozen in the upper seat. How bad.

Its elections time. And I am gonna vote for 5th time in the Lok Sabha elections, 8th time in all. I first voted when I was few months short of 18. I haven't missed a single LS elections, though I missed the assembly elections of 03 and 08. I have been a fan of Rajiv Gandhi. I remember how shocked I was when I heard of his assassination 18 years back. So for few years I voted for his party, but then I realized that was futile. Vote bank politics and so called secularism is the one major factor for the sudden rise in terrorism country witnessed in 2008. Third Front is crap and the leaders no less than jokers. So the only option is the one you also guessed right. Imagine what would happen if Mayawati becomes PM or Karat becomes PM. Oodi baba.

On Smritz;s blog there was a debate on whether Kasab should get a lawyer or not. In my view he should not. What would lady lawyer do? Justify Kasab's killings? And wont she feel shame for that? Wont her inner conscience eat her up? She is supporting a criminal who has waged war against country? Even before the SS came in fray, she should have not gone ahead and took the case. Trial in India is a joke and it would take years to finish off the trial in lowest court. You can imagine the timings then that would need for high court and then supreme court. Who is going to pay for those trial? We or government or the leaders who have assets worth crores? Its gonna be the taxpayer's money. I know how hard do I need to work and slog to get the money I make every month end and pay some thousand bucks to the govt as tax to end up spending on a Pakistani terrorist? Cmon guys he is a terrorist and why should he get the fair trial? Are we the only country in world supposed to be soft? Look at SL, they have wiped out terrorists out of their homeland almost. One 9/11 led to war in Afghanistan and WMD led to war in Iraq. Israel is a glaring example how to survive despite surrounded by hostile neigbhours. And look at India. 7/11, 26/11, 08 bombings in Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Bangalore, Delhi !! What happened? Just verbal wars. We know where the problem lies. So whats stopping us? Simple answer.

Lack of will power and lack of iron fists. What do we do? We give him a lawyer. So what message goes? Come to India, kill 200s of people, get caught, get a lawyer, get a trial, hang in for years and then somebody would either hijack the plane to get you released or would keep you stuffed in the bureaucratic procedures before going to gallows(Afzal Guru). Vote bank politics. Pseudo secularism. Lacs of bullets must be pumped to Kasab to give a meek message now to the world that we wont like being messed up with. Verbal wars wont help. Increase the security, think about the common man. Just placing a slogan wont help. Counter attacking Mr Advani on Parliament attack wont help. Why tolerate Kasab? Extract all information out of him and let go. I mean shoot him in a way worse than those extremists behead people in Middle East....

Alright lot of jingoism here. That's it for now. Time for some blog reading……..One more thing. Do vote. To bring a change, do vote. Remember those who dont vote, they dont have right to cry foul or curse the system. Only way you could change the things around you is to vote. I am going to vote. Against terrorism, against corruption and against jingoism. Chose liberation, choose freedom.....



14 comments:

Priya Joyce said...

ahaaa kya baat hei :P

chalo ab kaam karo

and abt kasab..what i personally feel is what Dolly said..yeh..whatever big criminal he is he has got basic human rights.

Priya Joyce said...

ok dolly is smriti
:)

Anonymous said...

Aha PJ, animals dont have human rights. This heinous animal doesnt even deserve animal rights...Maneka gandhi might stand up for him, but then she is in BJP, so she wont...else for this dog across the border, PETA would have come alive :)

Serious terms, he doesnt deserve any favor except bullets pumping in his tummy!!

Anonymous said...

wow 8 times.
hopefully i make it this time.

and about kasab i totally agree with you. the constitution provides you with a lawyer no matter how heinous crimes you have committed. i think it's time to bring in some sweeping changes in it.

Amrita~Ams said...

oye..u cam to indore..with upset tummy :O :O :O
koi na...next tym
I support u for that kasab thing..uhhhh...

RiĆ  said...

Welcome back to the normal world. And i agree what u hav said abt Kasab.

Swetha Padakandla said...

so u r back!
nw ur busy schedule begins in ur office :D

abt voting! i have never voted anyone coz i hav just become major 2 yrs back. havent got the voter id yet :( am so busy to go to ma hometown and get it.. :P

& abt kasab, he wil deserve wht he has done! god wil take care of him.. am just watching everythng in patience.. hehe

cheers
swetha

Niti said...

I think it's ok for kasab to get a lawyer since all the evidences are against him..if he is tried..and the court decides against him..we stand a better chance to confront pak.. there is no point eeping him here..giving him undue media importance and undeserving food which we probably paid for..let him be hanged till death..:)

Anonymous said...

hey Niti, welcome to my lounge :)

u r right..he shud be hanged till death but too soon than later :)

cheers

Anonymous said...

hey swetha, try and get ur name registered in voter list soon!!

mabi not now but for next time :)

Anonymous said...

thanks ria

Anonymous said...

yaar amrita u know apne shahar ki hawa hi aisi he ki khane peene rokne ka man hi nahi karta :P

Anonymous said...

righto abhi

SMRITI said...

8 times kaise vote kiya? :O :O

Its gonna be my first time this year and I postponed my plans for vacations coz I realised i'll b missing the polling date...11th ka ticket katwaaya tha....fir cancel karke 18th kar diya...

Dekh ab sab Kasab ko bhool gaye...Marega to wo zaroor, in any which way...Her lawyer cant defend his case....he will never get anything less than death...PC said his trial would be over in 60 days, I doubt that... par haan, I wish in all this time, he was tried and already killed, in gallows.

Sabki apni apni raai hai....tu aur main kyu jhagad rahe hain? :)

Aur pettu kharab?? :( :( Kaha tha maine ki digestive pills rakhna...lekin meri koi sunta kahaan hai :|