Christmas was very special for Mattie and Teddy. They had confessed their love for each other on this very day. Since then every Christmas day, they used to make sure that they celebrated the Christmas together and visited Church together, attend mass and service together, buy Christmas gifts to each other. And they would ensure they keep it secret from each other. Even if meant speaking lie or duck the question asked on cell when the call might come from other person while shopping.
That day when Matt proposed her right in the center of Times Square (42nd Street) outside Starbucks, Teddy was stunned. She knew it was coming. But didn't know it would come soon. Matt had invited Teddy for a stroll around downtown Manhattan. Those days Teddy was in Philadelphia and she had been to NYC very few times. So it was a god sent opportunity for her to go visit NYC and spend some time with Matt too. She had heard from her friends and folks that NYC looked like a bride during Christmas days and the famous Times Square were just amazing and rocking with the hustle and bustle for the festivities. December is a period of HOLIDAYS for entire USA, so the country was gripped in the festivities and shopping. Malls lured the customers with BEST buy offers.
Teddy reached Journal Square at around 830IS by the SEPTA buses plying between Philly and NJ. Matt picked her up from the Journal Square and drove her to the New York City.
They had a hot dog outside the BEST BUY store in the 33rd Street, walked down to the 42nd street to have a Star Bucks coffee. Star Bucks was their favorite. Matt and Teddy first had Starbucks in their offices when they met first post the Sametime conversation.
As soon as they came out of the Starbucks, Matt who was in Santa attire took hold of Teddy and kissed her on lips. That was a gentle kiss. Teddy didn't expect it. But she didn't object or protest. She allowed herself to fall through to Matt. Unknowingly they had walked from 33rd street to the 42nd street hands holed and occasionally Teddy resting her head on Matt's shoulder. She was 5.7. Matt was 6.1. Neither of them noticed that. They just went through the motions and when the Starbucks arrived, they got back to the real world. Neither knew what they spoke all the way.
"Tedd, I know that we are very early into this thing, which is shaping up to something very surreal and heavenly. I don't know what it is and if this is the right time for me to say you what I feel about you. I don't know a bit what I am doing or what should I be doing in this case. I don't know where I would be 10 years down the line or where you would be, who all you and me would be in this long years. All I know right now on the holy day of Christmas is that I want to spend my entire life with you. I would love you day in and day out for the rest of my life. "
Teddy froze. Her eyes remained wide open. All she could do was mumble an "ohh yeah…." in response to what Matt said. Matt had just proposed her with a chocolate. Snickers, her favorite and Matt had got a bagful of them.
She knew she was happy within. She wanted to scream with a YES then itself. The way Matt had began the "thing called friendship" said it all to Teddy that sooner than later he would pop the question to her and she would have to nod for it someday.
All throughout the Manhattan stroll she was excited within but didn't show up on the exteriors. In response to what Matt said as part of the proposal, all she could do was kiss Matt on his cheek and say "Would let you know soon".
By 730 PM Matt and Teddy were back to Jersey City and Teddy had alight the SEPTA bus back to Philly. It was a memorable NY trip. Too memorable for the rest of her life. She had carved out a dream for her. Just fallen for a guy whom she felt would sweep her off the feet and would keep her hooked and thrilled for rest of her life.
It was 930 PM. Matt was fast into the bed. No beer that day.
He lay in the bed thinking all this stuff before he saw a message on his cell phone. The message read "Hey thanks for the wonderful day spent together. You made my Christmas special". It was Teddy.
He replied back "It was my pleasure Teddy. Good night and have a good Boxing day". He had shut his shop for the day.
Teddy wasn't going to close it so soon. She shot back "Dude call me".
"Teddy it's too late now. We would speak tomorrow. You think over the proposal and let me know what you think about it."
"Dude I m no mood to sleep. Talk to me now. You want me to call you. Any problems ?
"Nah Teddy, no problems. I was with my cousin. He had just come over. So was speaking to him". He pretended.
"You are sweet Matt. You know I have thought over the answer to your question".
Matt sent a blank text message to Teddy in reply of the message he received.
"Mattie, you alright? You just sent me a blank message. Never heard of blank message".
"Smtims i gaze in sky n c a beautiful face smilin at me. Thts Teddu, hey can I call u by this name…The blank message I sent you is my diary, my world. Come paint it with love of your life . Color me Teddy."
"Go watch a mirror dude, you would see a smiling assassin face. Thanks for the wonderful reply."
"Teddzie, one more thanks and you are fined"
"Dude I wont mind your fines. Do as much as you wish. I d happily oblige."
"Great. "
"Matt, I love it when you say Teddy to me, when you say Teddu to me. I feel the best in the world. I feel I am for you. I feel I am right here for you. It sounds cho chweet when you say Teddu with the crinkle in the eye and the long pause that follows. I love when you kiss me gently on my lips and then I close my eyes to be with you. Sync with you. Merge myself with you. Merge my existence with you Mattie. Here is Teddy, committing herself to you forever. I love you too Matt. I would love you day in and day out for the rest of my life. And we would make our life together great. No matter we might or might not have great pleasures of life, we would have each other and that would be enough for us to live a life full of content and love. I love u Matt".
Teddy called up Matt to pledge her love on the Christmas day.
"Teddy, thanks. I almost died out of the excitement. Listen my heartbeat. Its still going strong in anticipation. I love you Teddu and lets be together. This one is right for you. The first kiss of our life together which starts this very moment on the divine day of Christmas."
And Matt kissed Teddy on phone itself.
Both were silent. He just wanted to go running to Teddy, hold her and kiss her wildly. Make love and never let her go away even for a sec.
That day when Matt proposed her right in the center of Times Square (42nd Street) outside Starbucks, Teddy was stunned. She knew it was coming. But didn't know it would come soon. Matt had invited Teddy for a stroll around downtown Manhattan. Those days Teddy was in Philadelphia and she had been to NYC very few times. So it was a god sent opportunity for her to go visit NYC and spend some time with Matt too. She had heard from her friends and folks that NYC looked like a bride during Christmas days and the famous Times Square were just amazing and rocking with the hustle and bustle for the festivities. December is a period of HOLIDAYS for entire USA, so the country was gripped in the festivities and shopping. Malls lured the customers with BEST buy offers.
Teddy reached Journal Square at around 830IS by the SEPTA buses plying between Philly and NJ. Matt picked her up from the Journal Square and drove her to the New York City.
They had a hot dog outside the BEST BUY store in the 33rd Street, walked down to the 42nd street to have a Star Bucks coffee. Star Bucks was their favorite. Matt and Teddy first had Starbucks in their offices when they met first post the Sametime conversation.
As soon as they came out of the Starbucks, Matt who was in Santa attire took hold of Teddy and kissed her on lips. That was a gentle kiss. Teddy didn't expect it. But she didn't object or protest. She allowed herself to fall through to Matt. Unknowingly they had walked from 33rd street to the 42nd street hands holed and occasionally Teddy resting her head on Matt's shoulder. She was 5.7. Matt was 6.1. Neither of them noticed that. They just went through the motions and when the Starbucks arrived, they got back to the real world. Neither knew what they spoke all the way.
"Tedd, I know that we are very early into this thing, which is shaping up to something very surreal and heavenly. I don't know what it is and if this is the right time for me to say you what I feel about you. I don't know a bit what I am doing or what should I be doing in this case. I don't know where I would be 10 years down the line or where you would be, who all you and me would be in this long years. All I know right now on the holy day of Christmas is that I want to spend my entire life with you. I would love you day in and day out for the rest of my life. "
Teddy froze. Her eyes remained wide open. All she could do was mumble an "ohh yeah…." in response to what Matt said. Matt had just proposed her with a chocolate. Snickers, her favorite and Matt had got a bagful of them.
She knew she was happy within. She wanted to scream with a YES then itself. The way Matt had began the "thing called friendship" said it all to Teddy that sooner than later he would pop the question to her and she would have to nod for it someday.
All throughout the Manhattan stroll she was excited within but didn't show up on the exteriors. In response to what Matt said as part of the proposal, all she could do was kiss Matt on his cheek and say "Would let you know soon".
By 730 PM Matt and Teddy were back to Jersey City and Teddy had alight the SEPTA bus back to Philly. It was a memorable NY trip. Too memorable for the rest of her life. She had carved out a dream for her. Just fallen for a guy whom she felt would sweep her off the feet and would keep her hooked and thrilled for rest of her life.
It was 930 PM. Matt was fast into the bed. No beer that day.
He lay in the bed thinking all this stuff before he saw a message on his cell phone. The message read "Hey thanks for the wonderful day spent together. You made my Christmas special". It was Teddy.
He replied back "It was my pleasure Teddy. Good night and have a good Boxing day". He had shut his shop for the day.
Teddy wasn't going to close it so soon. She shot back "Dude call me".
"Teddy it's too late now. We would speak tomorrow. You think over the proposal and let me know what you think about it."
"Dude I m no mood to sleep. Talk to me now. You want me to call you. Any problems ?
"Nah Teddy, no problems. I was with my cousin. He had just come over. So was speaking to him". He pretended.
"You are sweet Matt. You know I have thought over the answer to your question".
Matt sent a blank text message to Teddy in reply of the message he received.
"Mattie, you alright? You just sent me a blank message. Never heard of blank message".
"Smtims i gaze in sky n c a beautiful face smilin at me. Thts Teddu, hey can I call u by this name…The blank message I sent you is my diary, my world. Come paint it with love of your life . Color me Teddy."
"Go watch a mirror dude, you would see a smiling assassin face. Thanks for the wonderful reply."
"Teddzie, one more thanks and you are fined"
"Dude I wont mind your fines. Do as much as you wish. I d happily oblige."
"Great. "
"Matt, I love it when you say Teddy to me, when you say Teddu to me. I feel the best in the world. I feel I am for you. I feel I am right here for you. It sounds cho chweet when you say Teddu with the crinkle in the eye and the long pause that follows. I love when you kiss me gently on my lips and then I close my eyes to be with you. Sync with you. Merge myself with you. Merge my existence with you Mattie. Here is Teddy, committing herself to you forever. I love you too Matt. I would love you day in and day out for the rest of my life. And we would make our life together great. No matter we might or might not have great pleasures of life, we would have each other and that would be enough for us to live a life full of content and love. I love u Matt".
Teddy called up Matt to pledge her love on the Christmas day.
"Teddy, thanks. I almost died out of the excitement. Listen my heartbeat. Its still going strong in anticipation. I love you Teddu and lets be together. This one is right for you. The first kiss of our life together which starts this very moment on the divine day of Christmas."
And Matt kissed Teddy on phone itself.
Both were silent. He just wanted to go running to Teddy, hold her and kiss her wildly. Make love and never let her go away even for a sec.
11 comments:
wow..damn nice..damn romantic..i loved it :D
uhhh...
kewl!
:) wats next? dis was nice..
Nicely written, but I have read this in parts as its a long post for me.:)
Keep writing !!
Thank u mads...
Ams :)
anwesa, dunno wots next
thank u sneha for the read :)
Tht wa so romantic!! Jus loved the last two lines.
ria, thanks a ton
awww this is soooooooooooo romantic, and mushy and sooo very sweet.
Post a Comment