Saturday, November 22, 2008

Winters, Awards, Books and Bikes!!! Weekend Roaster

I am chilling off in the super winter days in my hometown over the weekend. I travel back to Pune tomorrow (Sunday evening) missing the 2nd innings of Bangalore ODI and the cool winter of the city of Joy. Winters, I love them. Being cuddled to the jerkins and the hot fluffy "rajais" on the morning...WOw. The showers never sound more interesting than in winters. The energy is right there and also the laziness. I miss that in Pune. Pune is a decent city, but its not even half as good and chilly as my home town.......

Time approaching for my 2nd set of awards. One which I initiated few weeks back -- the Blogger spirit which promote Independence of thoughts and expressions. They gotta be given to the 2nd set of receipients. And then i also gotta give Richa's award which she passed onto me... the cool bloggie award....I suppose that award will go to only those bloggers who live in cold parts :)

I was reading "Piece of Cake" by Swati Kaushal during my travel from Pune. I have been the reader of books in buses. I have finished all my major books in buses. Be it office buses or be it Volvo buses from Pune to Ind or Ind to Pune. I love that mode of reading. I would never have a reading session while being home in Pune or Ind, but always prefer them in buses. Thats a habit. I need book while travelling. Without that i cant travel. I remember i had mentioned this during a post when i travelled back to Pune during Diwali vacations.

Citibank issue finally resolved. They closed my account and i was relieved. But also scared that i cannot afford another shoot up in stress levels again or else i m gonna ruin my health for this jerks.

I am getting ready for a major revamp in my life. And i begin that by moving out of the current stagnation. I had waited for a long for some things to happen. And So now i m moving out of this and going up with what i planned. This are tough times. Car is ruled out. My bike is 7 yrs old now and has worn out. Time to get new one. Though it wud sound odd to buy a bike my age. i m a PA, going to be PM (proj manager) in year or half. How can i look a fresher ? But then my appearence is so.

As i said moving on out of a stagnant time in the life is good one for me. Gotta wait till December beginning and then i get a new bike. May be a car sometime in Apr May when i go onsite (if).

Yeah yeah i vl be alright :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool post....!!

aww volvo buses rock.....have fond memories travelling in volvo buses....simply amazing...!!

How was the book...lemme know...i need to read some stuff during my christmas break....!!!

Super winter days..nice nice....can;t beat minus 10 and the bright sunshine....can they?

PS- I am getting hooked on to these songs lol...why dont u post a playlist with a combo of the dostana and RNBDJ songs:D:D

abhishek said...

Arey u luk like 30 to me :P...btw wht bike do u have in mind?

Priya Joyce said...

arre wah..schedule hi bata diya aapne..lol

hmm u unlucky guy..u gotto miss the sec innings of b'lore ODI :P

huh..sardi...wow I love it..sardi mei sardi na ho toh kya mazza?

shaadi wow cool..ab toh freedom ko bhool hi jaana..its kindaa gud tat u took li'l tym bfore it.:P

Phoenix said...

i hope you are having fun at home..

why is the car out? you could always wait for a few more months and then take it?

Me said...

yeah I agree with Abhishek... u luk like 30 to me too ;)

Well, winters are always cuddlesome... :)

Richa said...

ur welcome though :)

n i too love winters :)

Anonymous said...

thank u richa :)

Anonymous said...

Abhishek, one of unicorn, cbz or pulsar 180.....

most prolly pulsar :)

Anonymous said...

hey phoenix, burnt my hands 2 times n lost money in getting the car, in the end i m happy with bike :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Aquie, the book is cool.....And yes the US/ canada cold rocks and i wish i wud njoi that soon :)

Wud do the mix of the rab and dostana :)

Anonymous said...

yeah PJ, the thandi ka mausam is really cool :)

marriages can wait.....

Anonymous said...

yup Harshi and they are the best (Winters :)))

Nidz said...

winter time.. honey moon time lol.. ;)
put ur bike ka photu whn u get it ok..